City Reach Chattanooga is a combined effort between the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board, the Hamilton County Baptist Association, and our local churches to:
- SUPPORT – support local church ministries with on-going, community-oriented outreach opportunities
- REVITALIZE – revitalize local church ministries with people, resources, and stewardship opportunities
- COORDINATE – Church planting among ethnic and unreached people groups living in and around Hamilton County
- MOBILIZE – mobilize short and long term mission opportunities partnering with local church ministries, community ministries, and new church plant sites.
418 Evangelical Protestant Churches
40% of Chattanooga’s 176,000 residents claiming no religious affiliation,
poverty rate of around 22%
8+ major ethnic groups residing within the city
Chattanooga has become a hub city when speaking in terms of missions. The opportunities are endless for ethnic church planting, evangelism, and outreach.
If we don’t capitalize on the opportunity that God has given to us to engage the mission field at our doorstep, Chattanooga will continue on its path to become one of the South’s most spiritually lost cities.
- You are the one who God has chosen to join Him in His work.
- You are the one with the spiritual, physical, and financial gifts to assist those in great need.
- You are the one with the passion to share the love of Jesus Christ with those who so desperately need Him.
- You are the one Chattanooga neighborhoods will respond to.
- You are the one who can assist in the motivation of many churches to re-join the fight to win back their city.
- You are the one who will be blessed…You are the catalyst…You are the smiling face, warm hug, and stable, loving hand.
- You are the one who’s needed to help represent Jesus Christ in Chattanooga.
City Reach Chattanooga’s vision to support, revitalize, equip, provide, and mobilize is an immediate need for the local church, at risk neighborhoods, and ministry sites where church revitalization and ethnic church planting to hear and receive the Good News of Jesus’ great love. The needs are great, and the opportunities to be used by God our endless. Some suggested ways to help…
Community/Servant Evangelism Home Repair and Service Projects
Sports Clinics or Games Medical /Dental clinics
Partner with Local Church in Ministry Food and Clothing Distribution / Community kindness projects
VBS and Backyard Bible Clubs Senior Citizen Programs and Ministry
Music/Dramas/Puppet Shows Pastor Training Conferences / Pastoral Care Retreats
Prayer Walking Community Surveys and canvassing
Youth and children’s ministry Church and Neighborhood Gospel-centered block parties
About Our City Reach Coordinator
City Reach Chattanooga Coordinator
Serving through the Hamilton County Baptist Association, the City Reach Chattanooga Coordinator will plan, coordinate, mobilize and implement all strategies as designated by the HCBA director of Missions in regards to church planting among ethnic people groups in and around Hamilton County, TN, while also providing church revitalization support for HCBA churches and church prospects. In addition, the City Reach Chattanooga Coordinator will coordinate, plan, setup, and mobilize all short-term mission teams serving in Hamilton County through the North American Mission Board, the Tennessee Baptist Convention, and the Hamilton County Baptist Association.
“Chattanooga has been my home since I was born. I married my high school sweetheart, Beth Walker Mason, in 1975. We are both graduates of Chattanooga Central High School and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Morris Hill is my second pastorate since my ordination in 1983. I have been pastor of Morris Hill Baptist since 1994. Longevity at a church is one of my core values and I believe it is not only important for a pastor, but also for the church.” We believe God has called us to Bill at the perfect time to work with someone who knows Chattanooga well, and has an unwavering passion for it’s needs.
If you would like to get in touch with Bill, submit a request, or ask him more about what his role is, email email@example.com, and we will pass it along to him.
Are you a church in Hamilton County that is interested in one of the five things listed above for your congregation?
Let us know by filling out the City Reach Project Request Form below.
Is your church interested in bringing a volunteer team to Chattanooga? Let us know by filling out the Volunteer Team/Project Form below.