City Reach Chattanooga is a combined effort between the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board, the Hamilton County Baptist Association, and our local churches to:
- SUPPORT – support local church ministries with on-going, community-oriented outreach opportunities
- REVITALIZE – revitalize local church ministries with people, resources, and stewardship opportunities
- COORDINATE – Church planting among ethnic and unreached people groups living in and around Hamilton County
- MOBILIZE – mobilize short and long term mission opportunities partnering with local church ministries, community ministries, and new church plant sites.
418 Evangelical Protestant Churches
40% of Chattanooga’s 176,000 residents claiming no religious affiliation,
poverty rate of around 22%
8+ major ethnic groups residing within the city
Chattanooga has become a hub city when speaking in terms of missions. The opportunities are endless for ethnic church planting, evangelism, and outreach.
If we don’t capitalize on the opportunity that God has given to us to engage the mission field at our doorstep, Chattanooga will continue on its path to become one of the South’s most spiritually lost cities.
- You are the one who God has chosen to join Him in His work.
- You are the one with the spiritual, physical, and financial gifts to assist those in great need.
- You are the one with the passion to share the love of Jesus Christ with those who so desperately need Him.
- You are the one Chattanooga neighborhoods will respond to.
- You are the one who can assist in the motivation of many churches to re-join the fight to win back their city.
- You are the one who will be blessed…You are the catalyst…You are the smiling face, warm hug, and stable, loving hand.
- You are the one who’s needed to help represent Jesus Christ in Chattanooga.
City Reach Chattanooga’s vision to support, revitalize, equip, provide, and mobilize is an immediate need for the local church, at risk neighborhoods, and ministry sites where church revitalization and ethnic church planting to hear and receive the Good News of Jesus’ great love. The needs are great, and the opportunities to be used by God our endless. Some suggested ways to help…
Community/Servant Evangelism Home Repair and Service Projects
Sports Clinics or Games Medical /Dental clinics
Partner with Local Church in Ministry Food and Clothing Distribution / Community kindness projects
VBS and Backyard Bible Clubs Senior Citizen Programs and Ministry
Music/Dramas/Puppet Shows Pastor Training Conferences / Pastoral Care Retreats
Prayer Walking Community Surveys and canvassing
Youth and children’s ministry Church and Neighborhood Gospel-centered block parties
About Our City Reach Coordinator
City Reach Chattanooga Coordinator
Serving through the Hamilton County Baptist Association, the City Reach Chattanooga Coordinator will plan, coordinate, mobilize and implement all strategies as designated by the HCBA director of Missions in regards to church planting among ethnic people groups in and around Hamilton County, TN, while also providing church revitalization support for HCBA churches and church prospects. In addition, the City Reach Chattanooga Coordinator will coordinate, plan, setup, and mobilize all short-term mission teams serving in Hamilton County through the North American Mission Board, the Tennessee Baptict Convention, and the Hamilton County Baptist Association.
Frank has spent the last three years living in the Chattanooga area, and is the Pastor of East Brainerd Baptist Church. He has extensive mission team coordinating experience through his time working for SCORE International. In the past few eyars, he has gained a broken heart for Chattanooga, and wants to see this city transformed with the Gospel. He has committed to work with our City Reach Strategy Team, local pastors, incoming mission teams, and others for the next few years to grow a work in Hamilton County for the sake of the Gospel by any means necessary.
If you would like to get in touch with Frank, submit a request, or ask him more about what his role is, email him at: email@example.com
Are you a church in Hamilton County that is interested in one of the five things listed above for your congregation?
Let us know by filling out the City Reach Project Request Form below.
Is your church interested in bringing a volunteer team to Chattanooga? Let us know by filling out the Volunteer Team/Project Form below.