City Reach Chattanooga Coordinator
Serving through the Hamilton County Baptist Association, the City Reach Chattanooga Coordinator will plan, coordinate, mobilize and implement all strategies as designated by the HCBA director of Missions in regards to church planting among ethnic people groups in and around Hamilton County, TN, while also providing church revitalization support for HCBA churches and church prospects. In addition, the City Reach Chattanooga Coordinator will coordinate, plan, setup, and mobilize all short-term mission teams serving in Hamilton County through the North American Mission Board, the Tennessee Baptict Convention, and the Hamilton County Baptist Association.
Mickey has spent many years living in the Chattanooga area, and working with many different organizations in Chattanooga. He was the Pastor of East Brainerd Baptist Church for many years, and is now the pastor of Middle Valley Baptist Church. He has numerous amounts of Coordinating experience with through his time working for SCORE International. In the past few eyars, he has gained a brkoen heart for Chattanooga, and wants to see this city transformed with the Gospel.
If you would like to get in touch with Mickey, submit a request, or ask him more about what his role is, his email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
City Reach Chattanooga
City Reach Chattanooga is a combined effort between the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board, the Hamilton County Baptist Association, and our local churches to:
1. SUPPORT – support local church ministries with on-going, community-oriented outreach opportunities
2. REVITALIZE – revitalize local church ministries with people, resources, and stewardship opportunities
3. EQUIP – equip ministry leaders and missionaries with Gospel-centered strategies for outreach, evangelism, discipleship, and church planting
4. PROVIDE – provide at-risk communities with access to physical, emotional, and spiritual care through the local church ministries
5. MOBILIZE – mobilize short and long term mission opportunities partnering with local church ministries, community ministries, and new church plant sites.
With 418 Evangelical Protestant Churches in this beautiful southern city, many have said that Chattanooga may be the buckle of the so-called Bible Belt. However, with over 40% of Chattanooga’s 176,000 residents claiming no religious affiliation, a poverty rate of around 22%, and more than eight major ethnic groups residing within the city, Chattanooga has become a hub city when speaking in terms of missions. The opportunities are endless for ethnic church planting, evangelism, and outreach. If we don’t capitalize on the opportunity that God has given to us to engage the mission field at our doorstep, Chattanooga will continue on its path to become one of the South’s most spiritually lost cities.
- You are the one who God has chosen to join Him in His work.
- You are the one with the spiritual, physical, and financial gifts to assist those in great need.
- You are the one with the passion to share the love of Jesus Christ with those who so desperately need Him.
- You are the one Chattanooga neighborhoods will respond to.
- You are the one who can assist in the motivation of many churches to re-join the fight to win back their city.
- You are the one who will be blessed…You are the catalyst…You are the smiling face, warm hug, and stable, loving hand.
- You are the one who’s needed to help represent Jesus Christ in Chattanooga.
City Reach Chattanooga’s vision to support, revitalize, equip, provide, and mobilize is an immediate need for the local church, at risk neighborhoods, and ministry sites where church revitalization and ethnic church planting to hear and receive the Good News of Jesus’ great love. The needs are great, and the opportunities to be used by God our endless. Some suggested ways to help…
Community/Servant Evangelism – see, share, and live the Gospel in spiritual dark neighborhoods
Home Repair and Service Projects – bring tangible hope to the people by assisting w/ repairs, painting, landscaping, etc.
Sports Clinics or Games – Play sports or perform a clinic while sharing testimonies and the Gospel message
Medical /Dental clinics – to families who cannot afford basic care
Partner with Local Church in Ministry – in a variety of unique ministries bridging the church with the community.
Food and Clothing Distribution / Community kindness projects
VBS and Backyard Bible Clubs – Expose younger generations to the Gospel through teaching, games, crafts, & activities
Senior Citizen Programs and Ministry – Spend time encouraging the older generations through activities
Music/Dramas/Puppet Shows – Often times these can be great introduction ice breakers when presenting the Gospel
Pastor Training Conferences / Pastoral Care Retreats
Prayer Walking and Canvases – Provide a positive impact to the community from prayer
Community Surveys and canvassing
Youth and children’s ministry
Church and Neighborhood Gospel-centered block parties
Are you a church in Hamilton County that is interested in one of the five things listed above for your congregation?
Let us know by filling out the City Reach Project Request Form below.
Is your church interested in bringing a volunteer team to Chattanooga? Let us know by filling out the Volunteer Team/Project Form below.
4062 South Access Road
Chattanooga, TN 37406